kupu-kupu

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

"Study Past Future"



The forms of the past future tense are similar in structure and implication to those of the present future tense, only the auxiliary verb “will” or “shall” appears in its past form “would” or “should”. They find their basic use in indirect quotations, where they are really conversions from the corresponding present forms in direct quotations to suit the sequence of tense.
Pattern: She / He / It
                                   + should/would + verb
        You / We / They / I


E.g.) 1. He said that he would leave in three days.
    2. He promised that he would buy me a pair of gloves.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Exercises
1.   I told him I ______ (see) him off at the station.
2.   He told me that I ______ (succeed).
3.   The group leader announced that we ______(begin) to work soon.
4.   The weatherman said it ______ (rain) the next day.
5.   They were sure they _______ (finish) the work on time.
6.   I had no idea when they ______(come) again.

No comments:

Post a Comment